The George Watson Fellowship was established by a gift from Mrs M.L. Watson in honour of her son George Watson.
The object of the fellowship is to promote visits (biennial) to the University of Queensland by scholars in any of the fields of study taught by the School of Communication and Arts in order that staff and students of the University may benefit from their special knowledge and experience.
George Watson Visiting Scholars
- 2015/16: Associate Professor Mark Andrejevic, Pomona College
- 2013: Professor Maria Delgado, University of London
- 2011: Professor James English, University of Pennsylvania
- 2009: Professor Bonnie Kime Scott, San Diego State University
- 2007: Associate Professor Mark Sanders, New York University
- 2005: Professor Richard Freadman, La Trobe University