Honours Application Procedure
How to Apply for Honours
- Check that you have the met the Honours Entry Requirements.
- Approach potential supervisors.
- Check the relevant program outlines- Bachelor of Arts (Hons), Bachelor of Communication (Hons), Bachelor of Journalism (Hons). For BA (Hons), check the Program List for your proposed field of specialisation.
- Follow this link to place your application.
Honours Entry Requirements
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons)
- (a) Completion of a BA or BCA with a 16 unit major in English; English Literature; Media, Communication & Cultural Studies; Media & Digital Cultures; Film & Television Studies; Drama; Art History; or Journalism and Mass Communication.
- (b) A minimum GPA of 5.5 in advanced courses in the relevant major.
- (c) If it is some years since you completed your Bachelor of Arts, you may be required to demonstrate continuing competence in the field in which you would like to enrol. This might include the satisfactory completion of further undergraduate courses.
- Bachelor of Communication (Hons)
- (a) Completion of a Bachelor of Communication or equivalent.
- (b) A minimum GPA of 5.5 in relevant advanced courses in the program.
- Bachelor of Journalism (Hons)
- (a) Completion of a Bachelor of Journalism or equivalent.
- (b) A minimum GPA of 5 in relevant advanced courses in the program.
If you completed your undergraduate over four years ago, the Director of Honours may require you demonstrate continuing competence in your field.