Dr Stuart Glover is Senior Lecturer in Creative Writing at the University of Queensland, where he has a research interest in literary institutions, cultural policy, and Brisbane's cultural identity. He is the editor, with Robyn Sheahan-Bright, of Hot Iron Corrugated Sky: 100 Years of Queensland Writing (UQP 2002).
He writes creative non-fiction regularly for the newspapers, for ABC Radio National, and for little magazines–including McSweeney's, Griffith Review, The Lifted Brow, Island, and Artlink. He has published short fiction in a number of anthologies and likewise co-edited a number.
As an industry figure, he was
- Founding Director of the Brisbane Writers Festival,
- Manager for Writing at Arts Queensland,
- Founding Director of QPIX -- Queensland screen industry development centre
- Founding Chair of Multi-Media Art Asia-Pacific (MAAP),
- Chair of Q Music (the Queensland Music Industry Association),
- Board Member and Acting Chair of the Queensland Theatre Company,
- Deputy Chair of the Queensland Writers Centre.
- Member of Literature Board of the Australia Council, the Federal Government's peak body for literary development.
- Founding Chair of the Queensland Literary Awards