The Samuel Wood Brooks Visiting Lectureship was established in 1962 by a bequest to The University of Queensland of Arnold Edwin Brooks, Architect, of Brisbane, who died in 1958, to be known in memory of his father Samuel Wood Brooks.
The object of the Lectureship is to promote visits to the University of Queensland by scholars in English Literature and Economics in order that staff and senior students of the University may benefit from their special knowledge and experience.
S.W. Brooks Visiting Scholars
- 2016: Dr Alice Te Punga Somerville, Macquarie University, Sydney
- 2015: Not awarded in 2015
- 2014: Dr David Malouf, Australian Author
- 2013: Professor Deidre Shauna Lynch, University of Toronto
- 2012: Professor Sidonie Smith, University of Michigan
- 2011: Professor Valerie Traub, University of Michigan
- 2010: Professor Rita Felski, University of Virginia
- 2009: Professor Donald Sassoon, Queen Mary University of London
- 2008: Professor Stephen M. Fallon, University of Notre Dame
- 2007: Professor Derek Attridge, University of York
- 2006: Dr Tiffany Stern, University College, Oxford