Help and Support
If you are experiencing difficulties with your studies, there are various places to get help:
- Tutor/Course Coordinator - if you're ever unsure about anything to do with an assignment, clarify with your tutor/course coordinator in the tutorial. Your tutor will also have student consultation hours to meet with students who require further assistance; though tutors/course coordinators are often sought after in the lead-up to assessment due dates, so it is best to plan in advance.
- Blackboard - every course must have a Blackboard site, and these are excellent resources for further information about assessment requirements. Discussion boards might also prove helpful.
- Student Services - a free service for UQ students, they offer learning workshops, as well as one-one-one appointments with learning advisors if you have trouble with referencing or attribution: http://www.uq.edu.au/student-services/workshops. In addition, Student Services also have specialised Disability Advisors, International Student Advisors and Psychologists if you require assistance in any of these areas.
- UQ Library - the library provides advanced workshops on research skills, IT and endnote: https://www.library.uq.edu.au/training and also has fantastic resources for referencing styles: https://web.library.uq.edu.au/research-tools-techniques/referencing/referencing-style-guides
- School Office - our professional staff are available Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 4.30pm at the School Office. While our professional staff cannot give you advice about your course content, or assessment; we can refer you to appropriate services or contact people. Please feel free to call, email or visit us on level 6 of the Michie Building.
- Lynda - Lynda is an online training service with various online course videos. You gain access by visiting: https://web.library.uq.edu.au/library-services/training/lyndacom-online-courses
If you need help with general student administration or general enquiries, you can contact:
- The Student Centre - for help with Admission, Fees, Enrolment (but not tutorial enrolment), Scholarships, Student Visas, Traffic & Parking, OSHC, Intercampus Buses, Withdrawal, Academic Reocrds, Show Cause Application, Grievances, Exams, Re-mark Requests, Graduation. Further information can be found here: www.uq.edu.au/student-centre.
If you still require further assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and our School Office Staff will try our best to assist.