Honours Graduate Attributes
In-Depth Knowledge of the Field of Study
- A comprehensive and well-founded knowledge of the field of study
- An understanding of how other disciplines relate to the field of study
- An international perspective on the field of study.
- The ability to collect, analyse, and organise information and ideas, and to convey those ideas clearly and fluently, in speech and writing
- The ability to interact effectively with others in order to work towards a common outcome
- The ability to select and use the appropriate level, style and means of communication
- The ability to engage effectively and appropriately with information and communication technologies.
Independence and Creativity
- The ability to work and learn independently
- The ability to generate ideas and adapt innovatively to changing environments
- The ability to identify problems, create solutions, innovate and improve current practices.
- The ability to define and analyse problems
- The ability to apply critical reasoning to issues through independent thought and informed judgement
- The ability to evaluate opinions, make decisions and to reflect critically on the justifications for decisions.
Ethical and Social Understanding
- An understanding of social and civic responsibility
- An appreciation of the philosophical and social contexts of a discipline
- A knowledge and respect of ethics and ethical standards in relation to a major area of study
- A knowledge of other cultures and times and an appreciation of cultural diversity.