Entry deadline extended until 9 August 2013
The 2013 brisbanetimes.com.au Journalism Competition is open to all undergraduate and postgraduate journalism students in programs within the School of Journalism and Communication. The competition provides students with an opportunity to have their work published in brisbanetimes.com.au and receive $2500. The winner will also receive a 10 day internship at brisbanetimes.com.au.
The entrant will submit a multi-media package on the theme ‘South East Queensland’. It can encompass any aspect of the life, people, places, heritage or future of the region.
The entrant will submit a multi-media package including:
- A text story of between 600 and 800 words.
- A video UP TO two minutes long.
- An audio piece UP TO five minutes long.
- A slideshow with a minimum of 10 photographs.
NOTE: Images must be in .jpg format, video must be in .wmv or .mov format, and audio must be in .mp3 format
Entries open to students until close on Friday, August 9, at 5pm.
Terms and Conditions
- All entrants must submit a completed and signed entry form.
- Only one entry per student is permitted.
- Students must be enrolled in one of the following programs (including duals); Bachelor of Arts (Journalism and Mass Communication), Bachelor of Journalism, Graduate Certificate in Journalism, Graduate Diploma in Journalism or Master of Journalism at the University of Queensland.
- Applications close Friday, August 9, at 5pm. No late entries will be accepted.
- Entry is free.
- Entries must be submitted in English.
- All entries must be original and comply with copyright requirements.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- The School of Journalism and Communication and Fairfax Media, reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time, at its sole discretion, without prior notice.
- Entries will not be returned.
23 July 2013